In den Höhenlagen des Taunus befindet sich der Frücht lies high up in the Taunus, in just as rural and quiet an environment. But its history over past centuries belies its present calm. From 1613 the village was under the rule of Johann Gottlieb vom Stein, who was answerable solely to the Emperor himself, and was, at that time, a mini-state of Germany. Legally it was as independent as Prussia or Bavaria. The last owner of the territory was Freiherr Karl vom und zum Stein, a descendant of an old knightly dynasty in Nassau, who was born in 1757. He entered the history books as a Prussian Secretary of State and reformer. The abolition of bondage and the establishment of municipal self-government were among his most important reforms. In 1807 Stein had a family vault, in a Neo-Gothic tomb-chapel, built in Frücht. It became Stein’s last resting place in 1831.The chapel and the attractive park around it are well worth a visit.
Phone: 02603 2847